| Selected constate
Capital: Liberta (city-state)
Leader(s): Consul(s) Lawson Guus, Marino Laurens, Gaius Destin
Summary: Liberta (/ˈlɪbərtɑː/; Elroy Libertan: /ˈlɪbərdɑː/), officially the Trinitarian Republic of Liberta (Latin: Republicae Liberta Trinitaria) is a sovereign city-state in the North Atlantic ocean. It lays on the Great Meteor Seamount, south of the Azores, west of the Moroccan coast, and north of Cape Verde. It lies about 29 degrees north of the equator and 28 degrees west of the prime meridian. It consists of the Metropolitan Region, 34 satellite islands, and, six protectorates, under the central administration of the government of Liberta. Although the official language remains Latin, of which a sizeable portion of the population is fluent, the de facto official language is English and is now used fully in all parts of society. With the total area of Liberta being 612 square kilometers, it is the 17th smallest country by land area and with its population of 3 million, it has a population density of 6250 people per square kilometers.
Founded in 19 BCE, it is the oldest republic and its government the oldest democratic institution still in operation. Liberta is a trinitarian parliamentary republic, a system unique to Liberta. The Metropolitan island, which hosts close to 100% of the total population, is universally recognized as the city-state, whilst the six protectorates fall under a different order, both domestically, and by international spectators. Liberta is a global city, a financial, educational, and transportation center, ranked as an Alpha+ global city. The national currency of Liberta, the Equal Dollar, is one of the most stable and is heavily favored internationally as a reserve currency. Maintaining the highest Gross Domestic Product per capita in the world, the Libertan industry is highly specialized and maintains its status as an idiom for high quality.
Given its historically famous educational institutions, Liberta is often regarded as an educational center, especially for higher education, where all of its universities hold international recognition. Maintaining close relations with most western countries, especially the United States and the United Kingdom, is considered a critical actor within western democracies. Liberta consists of twelve boroughs, as well as 197 neighborhoods, which have their devolved jurisdictive rights. The six protectorates of Liberta, as well as its overseas territories, are administered by the government of Liberta and are given special jurisdictive rights. Considered dependencies of the republic, they are remnants of the Libertan Naval Empire, which following the Atlantic Charter, Liberta aligned itself to. Whilst all six of the protectorates held votes on ceasing their statuses and being returned to their neighboring countries, all six ruled in favor of the remaining protectorates. (more...)
See the complete list of featured articles here
- The Constructed Worlds Wiki is currently undergoing a massive categorization overhaul. Check out the Recent Changes for updates!
- Please review our Policies and guidelines and Principles page before submitting articles or editing.
- Anyone with a suspicious username (eg 'Hjzc871x6x') will be deleted on-the-spot. This is due to vandalism concerns. Please make sure that when you sign up, you have an appropriate username, preferably the same one as on Wikia (if you have one).
In the News
Current eventsAll news mentioned are canonical to Altverse unless otherwise noted.
- Rich Strike wins the 2022 Kentucky Derby, held in the United Commonwealth, with an odds of 80-1.
- More than ninety are killed in a tornado outbreak in the Ohio Valley of the United Commonwealth.
- Following large-scale protests Eydis Stefanic, Chairwoman of the Nororist Party of Isokyria, (pictured) announces a new constitution will be adopted within the coming months allowing the first multi-party elections since 1935.*
- Sierran governors in the Styxie form a pact to reopen business in the coming weeks despite a national stay-at-home order.
- As a result of heavy fighting, the Dalmatian army approached the outskirts of Sarajevo, the city itself is clearly visible. Experts suggest that the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina may trigger the start of the Third Balkan War due to the fact that Dalmatia claims the territories of Bosnia and Herzegovina controlled by the Serbian army.
- Ongoing: El Norte dispute, Second Cold War, Persian Gulf Crisis, Tourneser Freedom Front insurgency, 2020 Macedonian coup d'état
- Recent deaths: Norman Hunter • Joe Brown • Adam Alsing • Margit Feldman • Kerstin Meyer • Hank Steinbrenner
The Continental Dollar known officially as the United Commonwealth dollar (symbol: Ȼ; code: UCD also abbreviated UCȻ) is the official legal tender of the United Commonwealth. In 1919 partisan forces of the Continentalist Party seized nearly 4,500 metric tons of gold reserves belonging to the Federal Reserve during a series of heists. It was the largest seizure of wealth in recorded history and dismantled the Federalist dollar, sending the global economy into a financial panic and finally a recession. Continental forces quickly attempted to alleviate the fears of international trading partners, printing a new series of tender that would act as a temporary promissory for the gold. With the death of Aeneas Warren the nation began refusing to return gold reserves to adversarial nations and former businessmen. In 1925 the currency was officially transitioned into a labour voucher and in 1948 the tender was turned to a fiat note.
The five dollar bill (shown above) depicts the Chicago skyline on its obverse and on its reverse Isaiah Landon. Because of its unique style, rejection of European style security features and color patterns it is highly sought after by collectors. Zhou Xinyue, depicted on the ten dollar note, was the first Asian-American to be depicted on legal tender in North America.