Republic of Brazoria
| Selected constate
Leader: President Rick Perry
Project: Altverse II
Summary: The Republic of Brazoria is a sovereign state located in central North America. Brazoria is composed of 23 provinces, and it is bordered to the north by Superior and Tournesol, to the east by the United Commonwealth, to the west by Sierra, to the south by Mexico, and to the southeast by the Gulf of Mexico. Brazoria has a total land area of about 1,201,404 square kilometres, making it the world's 36th largest country by land area, and with an estimated population of 44.216 million people as of 2018, Brazoria is the 33rd most populous nation in the world.
Brazoria is a federal constitutional republic. The President serves as the head of state and head of government, while the legislative branch is in the bicameral Congress. The Supreme Court of Brazoria is the highest court in the country's judiciary. The Constitution serves as the supreme law of the land and the principal document governing Brazoria's politics.
The economy of Brazoria is considered to be a developed mixed market with a generally high standard of living and a moderate cost of living. The national petroleum company, Brazoco, is one of the world's largest exporters of petroleum-based products, and the vast majority of its profits are put into the Brazorian National Development Trust. Brazoria was one of the world's earliest petroleum centres, and it continues today to possess some of the most productive oil refineries in the world, which are located predominantly in the national economic capital of Houston. Transportation services and shipping are also integral to the economy, due to the country's central continental location; the Port of Houston is the second-busiest container port on the continent. (more...)
See the complete list of featured articles here
- Although the wiki is called the Altverse Wiki, we intend to be the official Miraheze port for the Constructed Worlds Wiki from Wikia!
- Maximum amount of "In the News/In the News of the Future" headlines is seven. Remember, one headline per user at a time.
- Please review our Standards and Conventions page before submitting articles or editing.
- Anyone with a suspicious username (eg 'Hjzc871x6x') will be deleted on-the-spot. This is due to vandalism concerns. Please make sure that when you sign up, you have an appropriate username, preferably the same one as on Wikia (if you have one).
In the News
Current eventsAll news mentioned are canonical to Altverse unless otherwise noted.
Severe weather in Southeastern United Commonwealth
- Thirty-eight people are killed in a tornado outbreak (satellite image shown) in the Southeastern United Commonwealth.
- Sierran governors in the Styxie form a pact to reopen business in the coming weeks despite a national stay-at-home order.
- Elections in Korea are held amid the coronavirus pandemic, with turnout at 66.2%, the highest turnout rate since 1992.
- Cyclone Harold impacts the Beníeîle, Solomon Islands, Fiji, and Tonga, killing at least thirty people.
- Ongoing: El Norte dispute, Second Cold War, Persian Gulf Crisis, Tourneser Freedom Front insurgency, 2020 Macedonian coup d'état
- Recent deaths: Norman Hunter • Joe Brown • Adam Alsing • Margit Feldman • Kerstin Meyer • Hank Steinbrenner
In the News of the Future
The Continental Dollar known officially as the United Commonwealth dollar (symbol: Ȼ; code: UCD also abbreviated UCȻ) is the official legal tender of the United Commonwealth. In 1919 partisan forces of the Continentalist Party seized nearly 4,500 metric tons of gold reserves belonging to the Federal Reserve during a series of heists. It was the largest seizure of wealth in recorded history and dismantled the Federalist dollar, sending the global economy into a financial panic and finally a recession. Continental forces quickly attempted to alleviate the fears of international trading partners, printing a new series of tender that would act as a temporary promissory for the gold. With the death of Aeneas Warren the nation began refusing to return gold reserves to adversarial nations and former businessmen. In 1925 the currency was officially transitioned into a labour voucher and in 1948 the tender was turned to a fiat note.
The five dollar bill (shown above) depicts the Chicago skyline on its obverse and on its reverse Isaiah Landon. Because of its unique style, rejection of European style security features and color patterns it is highly sought after by collectors. Zhou Xinyue, depicted on the ten dollar note, was the first Asian-American to be depicted on legal tender in North America.