ASEA Green Tech
Public limited company
|Key people||Lene Albertsen, CEO|
|Industry||Renewable energy equipment|
|Products||Hydro turbines, wind turbines, automation, software|
|Services||Project engineering and construction|
ASEA Green Tech, is an independent company, wholly owned subsidary of ASEA and headquartered in Copenhagen, focusing on manufacturing equipment for the production of energy from renewable sources. Its portfolio of products includes wind (onshore and offshore), hydroelectric and solar (concentrated and photovoltaic) power generating solutions. The company was created as an independent company in 2003 to group ASEA's businesses dedicated to the manufacture of equipment for renewable energy production as part of ASEA's global strategy to become a world leader in renewable energy.
Throughout its existence it has grown to become one of the leaders in the European market and its presence is significant worldwide. Since 2015 it has a strong presence in the North American market with the opening of production plants in Ontario, Canada and in Michigan, Superior. It currently employs more than 4700 people and has production plants in Skandinavia, Portugal, Canada, Superior and Ireland.
Hydropower industry[edit | edit source]
ASEA Green Tech provides a full range of hydro turbines with the market-leading technology. Company's Technology Centers use state of the art tools and testing facilities to ensure that its turbines lead the market in efficiency. Decades of knowledge and experience in hydropower industry in Skandinavia make ASEA Green Tech one fo the leading companies to configure a solution to meet customers' unique needs.
ASEA Green Tech supplies large turbines up to 800 MW and 1,800 m heads, powerful generators up to 840 MVA, the complete product range for electrical systems, mechanical auxiliary systems, inlet valves up to 200 bar and 6 m of nominal diameter, automation including SCADA systems and power plant management and all kinds of gates, penstocks and manifolds. This expertise and experience result in technical leadership in Bulb-type technology, Pelton, Francis, diagonal, flow-through or Kaplan turbines. Besides this, with the expertise and leadership of ASEA in power solutions, te company is one of the worldwide top-tier suppliers for “from water-to-wire” pumped storage technology, providing products up to the highest heads.
Winpower industry[edit | edit source]
As one of the leading manufacturers of wind turbines, the company develops, manufacture and sell onshore and offshore turbines for virtually any site. ASEA Green Tech provides the customers with innovative and individual solutions from turbine design to logistics and installation, from foundation construction to service and maintenance all around the world.
ASEA Green Tech wind turbines have excellent quality in every area and its solutions are always high yield, easy to service and grid compatible:
- Wide range of wind turbines with rated outputs of 2 MW to 6.33 MW and various hub heights
- Location-specific integration for the various grid requirements in all major markets
- Special adaptations for all climate zones and wind classes
- Reliable and capable technology based on more than 26 years of experience
- Every ASEA Green Tech wind turbine builds on a tried-and-tested platform that is continuously developed
- Customized control of operating data using the SCADA Solutions system
- Minimization of financial risks and shortened downtimes thanks to maintenance-friendly design and reliable service
Wind turbines[edit | edit source]
- Series 2A: The AGT-2A series is the bestseller in the company's onshore portfolio. With more than 5,000 turbines in operation, these models have become an standard choice in the 2 MW class. This model can be used anywhere in the world, even in extreme climatic conditions, thanks to alternative versions and options for hot and cold climates. Three types of turbine with different rotor sizes and a choice of project specific hub heights guarantee full flexibility and economic efficiency in all wind speeds and in any location conditions.
- Series 2MX: The 2MX series are the latest development in the 2MW segment. It incorporates the latest technologies developed by ASEA Green Tech, the Smart Power Mode, a tried-and-tested and modular technology that enables the optimization of the turbine without component changes. By evaluating the project conditions and adjusting operational parameters, the nominal power can be increased by 200 kW. This maximizes the output from 2.3 MW to 2.5 MW. A combination of both Smart Power Mode and standard operation mode can be implemented to allow the best possible output from each wind farm.
- The 2MX series comprise the 2M3 model (2,300 Kw) and the 2M5 model (2,500 Kw)
- Series 3MX: The 3MX series are the flagship of the company's onshore portfolio. With its different turbine types and rotor sizes, it offers outstanding flexibility and economic efficiency even in challenging conditions. Several different hub heights from 73 to 160 meter make it suitable for a wide range of locations. The tried-and-tested technology featured in the company's turbine platforms opens a new chapter in the success story of the company.
- The 3MX series comprise the 3M6 model (3,600 Kw) and the 3M7 model (3,700 Kw)
- Series 4MX: The 4MX series combines all the best features of the company's proven portfolio. With a modular technology concept, a wide range of turbine types, rotor diameters and project-specific hub heights, they ensure the best match for every project and optimized yield at every location. Our continuous, evolutionary development based on proven, robust designs results in highly reliable turbines delivering high yields at a low LCoE.
- The 4MX series comprise the 4M4 model (4,400 Kw)
- Series 6MX: ASEA Green Tech pioneered 5MW+ wind turbines for the offshore sector and was also the first to offer series production of this turbine class for use in deep waters far from the coast. The company have installed more than 370 offshore turbines which are now in operation worldwide and is one of the top providers of this class of wind turbines.
- The 6MX series comprise the 6M3 model (6,300 Kw)
Services[edit | edit source]
ASEA Green Power offer a wide range of services to the win power industry. Services of the company include:
- Special services for the offshore industry
Solar industry[edit | edit source]
ASEA entered the solar industry in 2001, and in 2003 all the solar related products and technologies were incorporated to ASEA Green Tech. In 2005 the company announced that it planned to produce crystalline photovoltaic cells and modules with a total of 450 MW annually in the factory of Aarhus and Solna. It also planned to produce thin-film PV wafers with a capacity of 100 MW. The company is also engaged in concentrated solar power technology, by manufacturing solar receiver tubes. In 2012, the company inaugurated a US$100 million solar manufacturing facility in Amarillo, Brazoria, to build solar receivers for concentrated solar thermal power plants (CSP) and 100 MW of photovoltaic modules.