This wiki has been automatically closed because there have been no edits or log actions made within the last 60 days. If you are a user (who is not the bureaucrat) that wishes for this wiki to be reopened, please request that at Requests for reopening wikis. If this wiki is not reopened within 6 months it may be deleted. Note: If you are a bureaucrat on this wiki, you can go to Special:ManageWiki and uncheck the "Closed" box to reopen it.
Mr. Larsen (for himself, Ms. de Leau, Ms. Kaufmann, and Mr. Wolters) introduced the resolution; which was considered and agreed to.
To condemn the pornography industry for its role in contributing to human trafficking and sexual abuse of young women and girls
SECTION 1. FINDINGS
(a) In general — The House of Commons finds the following:
(1) That companies and organizations involved in the pornographic industry contribute to human trafficking and sexual abuse of women and girls by fraud, coercion, and blackmail:
(i) Fraud — by placing advertisements for jobs that falsely represent the type of work that will be performed.
(ii) Coercion — by paying for the travel expenses of victims then demanding reimbursement if they refuse to perform in pornographic films.
(iii) Blackmail — by threatening to send the video to family and friends with the intent of damaging the victim's reputation if the victim spoke to anyone about the described practices.
(2) That companies that are known to engage in the above unethical practices are:
(i) BigBros Entertaiment
(ii) SelfTube Ltd.
(iii) Watcherbate Limited
(iv) WeHeartPorn Inc.
(v) ChicksInPorn Inc.
(3) That together these companies earn $738 million per year.
(4) That the National Police Bureau has arrested the chief executive officer, chief financial officer, and vice-president of BigBros Entertainment and is currently investigating SelfTube Ltd., Watcherbate Limited., and ChicksInPorn Inc. into alleged money laundering, human trafficking, fraud, and various other unethical and illegal practices.
(5) That the average age of when a young boy is first exposed to pornographic content is 11 years and the average age of when a young girl is first exposed to pornographic content is 12 years.
(6) That the internet plays a critical role in the dissemination in pornographic content and its exposure to minors.
(7) That much of this pornographic content is violent in nature and promotes the sexual abuse of women, girls, men, and boys.
SECTION 2. RECOMMENDATIONS
(a) Recommendation — The House of Commons recommends the following:
(1) That the Department of Justice and federal law enforcement agencies continue to investigate and prosecute such cases of fraud, coercion, blackmail, and abuse that occurs within the pornographic industry.
(2) That internet service providers take more action to ensure minors cannot access pornographic content.
(3) That the Department of Society take steps to investigate the effects the consumption of pornographic content has on the physical and mental wellbeing of Alcenians.
(4) That Congress uses its legislative authority as vested in it by the Constitution of Alcenia to draw attention and awareness to these issues and enact appropriate laws to address the issue herein laid out by the House of Commons.
(5) That the President use his executive authority as vested in him by the Constitution of Alcenia to draw attention and awareness to these issues and direct appropriate action to address the issue herein laid out of the House of Commons.
SECTION 3. CONDEMNATIONS
(a) Condemnation — The House of Commons condemns the following:
(1) Any and all companies and individuals that engage in the practices described herein.
(2) Any and all individuals who fail to take appropriate action to reduce and stop the exposure of pornography to minors.
(3) Any and all individuals who are aware of unethical practices within the pornographic industry and fail to report such practices to the relevant authorities.