Ardai ( listen) (or Earth) is the second planet from the Sun in the Solar System. It is orbited by two moons, Longe and Piu. A terrestrial world with a temperate climate, Ardai is inhabited by human societies.
Origins[edit | edit source]
Irian tradition states that Ardai was formed by the marriage of Earth and Sky, with the breath of Life breathed there upon it. According to Dwolic traditions, the earth's features were shaped by molten excess from the Forge of the Gods. Sellic philosophers posit the Divine Spark, a singular idea arising from the mind of a greater being, as the ultimate origin of Ardai and the universe. The Zaphraites likewise believe that an ancient creator is responsible for the existence of the world.
Continents[edit | edit source]
Sorca[edit | edit source]
Sorca is the largest continent in the known world. It is connected to Okkar via the Isthmus of Tabanor. The continent is home to various climate zones, and is divided east to west by the vast and nigh-impenetrable Saidur-Osh desert. The northern part of the continent is bounded by the Adsea, a mediterranean sea known as the birthplace of modern civilization. The central and southern regions include dense jungles and fertile rivers, along with deserts, mountain ranges, and wetlands. Sorca is inhabited by over 1,000 different ethnic groups and uncountable numbers of wildlife and plant life. Politically, most of the nation states are located along the coast, and derive their income from fishing and trade.
Nuro[edit | edit source]
Nuro is the northern part of the supercontinent Om, connected to its southern counterpart by the Isthmus of Tabanor. The climate is generally colder in Nuro due to its latitude. Most Nuroan civilizations developed around inland seas like the Adsea and the Ottrian. The most powerful political entities in Nuro are the Batagnian kingdoms, bordered by the smaller kingdoms of Eicony and Suestria, as well as the northerly tribal states.
Hethmora[edit | edit source]
Topei[edit | edit source]
Topei is located in the bright blue waters of the eastern oceans. It is not comparable in size to the other two continents, and so it is more accurately described as a large island. Topei is bounded on the north by the Sea of Topei, on the east by the Straits of Zowulei, on the south by the Gulf of Getasui, and on the west by the Tsiha Ocean. It is surrounded by many smaller islands which form the Topei Archipelago. The largest empire in Topei is the Keiro dynasty. The lords of the Vahian Isles also have small holdings on the Topeian mainland.
Avustra[edit | edit source]
Kuo[edit | edit source]
Okkar[edit | edit source]
Seas and oceans[edit | edit source]
- Cradling the subcontinent of of Ochria and the western part of Sorca, the Western Ocean has only ever been explored in a limited capacity. Some have theorized that the end of the world might lie this way, but this has never been proven.
- The Mondozean is the immense ocean that separates the continents of Nuro and Sorca from Topei. Enterprising explorers have traversed its length by following trails of island chains running west to east, but the journey is a perilous one.
- The Adsea divides Nuro from Sorca. Although functioning as a mediterranean sea, it is openly connected to the Eastern Ocean on its eastern end, and it is rocked by whatever storms pass through there.
- The Ottrian Sea divides Rakava and Musmazia in the west from Norca in the east. It is more temperate than its southern neighbor, the Adsea, which it is connected to.
- The Sea of Hullin, a true inland sea, is only connected by a narrow waterway to the Eastern Ocean. It is located in the northeastern part of Nuro, and is shaped like a ring around the Otinian Peninsula.
- The Sea of Topei is a wide channel between the northern isles of the Topeian Archiepelago -- Suno and Kazo -- and the Topeian mainland.
- The Sea of Dragons, located to the far east of Topei, contains numerous archipelagoes where mythical creatures are said to dwell.
Islands[edit | edit source]
West[edit | edit source]
- Rhamnyrgos - One of the biggest islands in the west, Rhamynrgos is known for its lighthouse, which helps direct ships in the Ottrian Sea.
- Bayec - Located just south of Rhamnyrgos, Bayec is owned by the Batagnian vassal house Siewick.
- Pescao - Pescao is a group of at least 14 islands of varying sizes in the waters between Batagnia and Musmazia. Half of the isles are part of the domain of Seppochia, while the other half are independent.
- Firthal Cenn - Located south of Eicony, Firthal Cenn was the bastion of the Kenthon lords until its conquest by Sulland.
- Far Suthrey - A small uninhabited islet in the Eastern Ocean, known to Aiconian fishermen.
East[edit | edit source]
- Kazo - The long island of Kazo is the seat of the Vahian Empire.
- Vahe - The mountainous island of Vahe is a place of spiritual significance for Vahians.
- Haruche - Elephants are native to this large forested island, which is located to the south of Kazo. Haruchian society is organized into a number of tribes. The native religion is devoted to the worship of elephants.
- Akieh - A prosperous trading kingdom called Tijayang exists in the south of the island. The rest of the island is wild; the coasts are teeming with fish and fishermen.
- Buto - A smallish island near Haruche and Akieh with a fiercely warlike tribe of short-statured people.
- Sensoshu - Buto's southern neighbor, ruled by a tribal council. Also known as Chikotsen.
- Zowulei - Zowulei's mercantile influence extends far beyond the island itself, into the Lamag Archipelago and the western shores of Haruche. The kingdom is the primary middleman between Topei, Vahe, and the other islands.
- Wasi - Wasi consists of a north and south island. Bananas are plentiful here.
- Sechrimaka - A minor island kingdom, they are vassals of the Kucha Kingdom on the mainland.
- Hohuata - The volcanic springs and vents of Hohuata are sacred to the native Poshu islanders.
Countries[edit | edit source]
Religions[edit | edit source]
Human history[edit | edit source]
- Main article: History of Ardai
Moons[edit | edit source]
Longe[edit | edit source]
Also known as the Master, the Red One, and the Anchor. Longe is the largest of Ardai's two moons.
Piu[edit | edit source]
Also known as the Slave, the Herald, and the Trickster. It is Longe's smaller twin.