Constructed Worlds:How to upload images
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here's how to add a picture:
- Find an image you want on your page on any other page in the wiki, or on the image list page.
- If you want to upload a new picture, go to the upload file page. (This link can also be found labeled "Upload file" in the navigation pane on the left-hand side, under "tools".) Once there, you can browse for your image, change the file name if necessary, and type a description of the image. Simply click "Upload" to add the picture to the database.
- Once you've found or uploaded an image, find out its name (including the extension), which will be something like "File:Image name.ext". Images can be added using the "File:" or "Image:" tag. Extensions (.ext) used for images on the Constructed Worlds are .jpg, .png, .gif, or .svg (Scalable Vector Graphics).
- Now, find a nice place on your user page, edit the code, and add this text, replacing the name, extension and caption appropriately:
- If you want to control the size of the thumbnail, you can specify its width in pixels. For a 100 pixel-wide thumbnail, this would be:
- Thumbnails automatically go to the far right-hand side of a page, but you can specify it to go to the left side, right side or center instead. For the same image placed on the left, this would be:
- Images can also be placed in frames, which cannot be resized, but still use the other parameters:
Note: The caption usually comes last for both thumbnails and frames, although most parameters can be in any order.
The code for the image shown on the right is:
[[File:Example.png|thumb|100px|The code for this image is...]]