|This is a meta box for the|
6775EC- Royal Democratic Party
FF9696 - Conservatives
FFF8AF - Commoners
Titles and styling
The peerages of Eroea are split into multiple types.
- There are landed titles; these are usually hereditary titles with geographical association. They usually have power over the region which their title is associated with. An example would be the titles of Duke and Archduke.
- There are titular titles; these are titles that are not hereditary but usually have a geographical association. They have no power over the region which their title is associated with. These are often awarded to the younger children of a Monarch or noble.
- There are temporal titles; these are titles that are not traditionally hereditary and do not have a geographical association. This is usually where a person is awarded the title and it is combined with their second name.
- There are honorary titles; these titles are given to people for honorable acts and contributions in certain fields. An example would be Lord of Yuntvar, awarded to Sir Arthur Hermang. In this case, Hermang has no right to use the prefix 'Lord', though it is often used by many unaccustomed to the system of governance in Eroea.
- If a woman is awarded a title suo jure if she marries, then the title is automatically conferred upon her husband. For example, Julia Wester, Countess of Hasselhoff was originally styled Julia Wester, 1st Countess of Hasselhoff. When she married Simon Joyce, she lost the right to hold the title suo jure.
|Style||Oral address||Used by|
|Sir/Madam||Any subject of the Crown who has been conferred an imperial honor.
Used by members of a noble family who are a first cousin or more closely related.
|The Honourable||Sir/Madam||Used by the children of Earls, Viscounts and Barons.|
|The Right Honourable||Sir/Madam||Used by members of Parliament of Eroea who do not have a superior title. Also used by barons.|
|The Noble||Your Lordship||Used by Earls, Viscounts and Barons.
Used by children of a Marquess
|The Excellent||Your Excellency||Used by the State Chancellor and for esteemed foreign dignatries.|
|Lord/Lady||Used by the children of a Duke.
Used by the grandchildren of an Archduke.
|The Most Noble||Your Honour||Reserved for those who have given service to Eroea. Also used by Crown Commissioners and Servants of the Crown.
Used by a Marquess.
Used by the children of an Archduke.
|Your Grace||Your Grace||Used by Dukes.|
|His/Her Highness||Your Highness||Used by the nieces and nephews of a Sovereign.
Used by brothers and sisters of a Sovereign who do not have a higher style. Most brothers and sisters are already Princes and Princesses.
|His/Her Eminence||Your Eminence||Used by Viceroys and High Lords.|
|His/Her Serene Highness||Your Serene Highness||Used by Lord Primates and Archdukes.|
|His/Her Imperial Highness||Your Imperial Highness||Used for Princes of Eroea, Princesses of Eroea and grandchildren of a Sovereign.|
|His/Her Most Eminent Highness||Your Eminent Highness||Used for Crown Prince and Sovereign Prince.|
|His/Her Serene Majesty||Your Serene Majesty||Used for widowers of a former Sovereign.|
|His/Her Imperial Majesty||Your Imperial Majesty||The Sovereign and Sovereign emeritus.|
Admin and Manual of Style
History and chronology
The timeline and the history of Eroea pages are the conclusive collection of Eroean history. They cannot contradict other pages, they can only be contradicted. If another article states something contrary to the history page or timeline, then that statement is considered void and should be rectified. In the case of the history of Eroea page being irrelevant or not pertaining to that point in history, the history section of the main Eroea page is the main deciding factor for history.
Most election pages should be titled '[Year] Eroean [election type] election'. The nation identifier, 'Eroean', should be included if the election is national. If the election is regional, it should include the regions name. If the election is confined to an organization or entity, it should include the entity name. For example:
- 4109 Eroean parliamentary election
- 4101 Royal Democratic Party [of Eroea/(Eroea)] leadership election
- 'of Eroea/(Eroea)' does not need to be involved from the get go. It should only be used if the entity name is ambigious. For example, instead of '4101 Conservative Party leadership election', it should be '4101 Conservative Party of Eroea/(Eroea) leadership election'
National debt: ₠56,184,103,555
|National Economy Figures|
|GDP||National debt||Government income||Government expenditure||Income – Expenditure|
Abdication has never occurred in Eroea and the concept of abdicating has often been left undiscussed due to the remote nature of it occurring. This is largely due to the precedent established when a Monarch becomes incapacitated. Usually, through a decree issued by the Imperial Council, the Crown Prince is named as High Steward. This position grants them a pre-eminent position in the governance of Eroea and signifies the Monarch's authority over all administrative, political and governmental matters. However, since the Renihan Charter is a plan, outlined by Nathan Renihan in the early 4100s for the abdication of an Eroean monarch.
The process of abdication is rather simple. A Monarch must simply sign and seal a promulgation ascertaining the fact that they have abdicated the throne and whether or not they abdicate the claims of their descendants or relatives. As is their right, the Monarch can proclaim a successor, be that the Crown Princess or anybody else for that matter. The Monarch can also leave it to the normal succession rules to select the next reigning Monarch.
Government procedure in this event is outlined as follows:
- A meeting of the State Chancellor, the Lord Chamberlain, the Deputy Lord Chamberlain, the Imperial Steward, the Commissioner of Internal Matters, the Crown Officer of the Court Circular, the Minister for the Interior and the Minister for Imperial Affairs should be convened as early as possible. This meeting should outline the actions of the government.
- A Crown Convocation of the Court i.e. a meeting of the Imperial Council, the Imperial Cabinet of Eroea, the Sovereign and the Lords Primate should occur next to discuss any issues arising from the abdication of the previous Monarch. If necessary, a Grand Assembly should be convened, this is where the entire Chamber of Deputies is called to meeting.
- External Affairs should inform all embassies of the abdication of the Monarch.
Great houses (Old)
|House Meera (Imperial)||House Chrysler||House Myare||House Lardon||House Wester||House Yalan||House Jeru|
|Province||Argnoria and Yuntvar||Parallax||Myop||Iserlana||The Westerlands||Farah'n||Rogash|
|Alexandria City||Eta've||Iserlana City||Westerdom||Farahdeen||Jeruvium|
|Titles||Sovereign of Eroea
Lord Paramount of Argnoria
Lord Paramount of Yuntvar
High Steward of Argost
Royal Warden of Eroea
|Lord Paramount of Parallax||Lord Paramount of Myop||Lord Paramount of Iserlana||Lord Paramount of the Westerlands
High Steward of Westerdom
Warden of the Imperial Infantry
|Lord Paramount of Farah'n||Lady Paramount of Rogash|
|Head||Emperor Justinian III||Lord Alexander Chrysler||Lord Bartholomew Wester||Lady|
|Major vassals||House Xao|
House Meera is the Imperial House of Eroea, taking the crown in 2778 from House Yalan.
Arguably the least powerful house, they began as a cadet branch of House Wester in 2655, before uniting with House Meera in 2811. After that, they grew and grew, taking over the region of Iserlana on the Sovereign's behalf before growing so powerful that they declared themselves as Lord Paramount of Iserlana in 3015 - which originally sparked the Iserlana Conflict, which was resolved with the Lardon's being deemed their own great house. However, they have been significantly weakened by rampant disease and internal discontent among vassals in the province.
One of the most powerful families, House Wester are known for their unwillingness to co-operate with the Imperial House and their rebellions,
The oldest house in Eroea, they are accredited as the founders of Eroea but they are no longer the supreme rulers of the land. They were deposed between 2775 and 2778 in the War of the Two Crowns.
Great houses (New)
The great houses, officially called the high noble families, are the dynasties that rule over the provinces of Eroea. As of 4194, there are 8 high noble families. All of these noble families, with the exception of House Chrysler, are descended from Benzi Eroean settlers who came to Eroea with Gregor Yalan during the Benzi Settling.
House Meera of Argost
- Emperor of Eroea (formerly)
- High Steward of Eroea (formerly)
- High Lord of All Eroea (formerly)
- Chief Marshal of the Imperial Forces (formerly)
- Lord Primate of Yuntvar
- Prince of Seazar
Liege: House Smyth
House Meera is considered the most powerful and influential great house in Eroea. It has held this pre-eminent position since it succeeded in the War of the Two Crowns, a civil war between House Meera and House Yalan. Upon the ascent of Amelia to the throne, the title of imperial house has passed to House Smyth. Despite this, House Meera still retains a large amount of power with many members continuing to use royal titles, styles and occupy royal holdings. The head of House Meera has also been bestowed the title of Prince of Seazar, an honour normally reserved to members of the royal family.
House Smyth of Bailieton
- Empress of Eroea
- High Steward of Eroea
- High Lord of All Eroea
- Lord Primate of Argnoria
- House Smyth of Petersborough (royal line)
|Name||Reign begin||Reign end||House||Notes|
|Gregor I||21 December 1402||Yalan|
|Amadeus I||17 June 3869||18 October 3882|
|Claudius IV||18 October 3882||17 February 3976||Meera|
|Justinian I||17 February 3976||21 August 4040|
|Justinian II||21 August 4040||4 June 4102|
|Justinian III||4 June 4102||present|
Empire and Isle
|Region Name||Population||% of Region Population|
Ethnic groups (Eroea Isle)
|Group Name||Population||% of Population|
|Name||Ruling authority||Population||Area (km2)||Capital|
|The Westerlands||House Wester||27,501,002||1,462,675|
|Provincial Area Subtotal||29,864,086|
|Territorial Area Subtotal|
|Grand Area Total||86,591,102|
There are three branches of the Eroean Armed Forces:
- Imperial Navy
- Imperial Army and Infantry Forces
- Galactic Expeditionary Force
- Royal Marine Corp
- Imperial Coast Guard
- National Air Defense Corp
The governing body of these organisations is their respective 'Imperial Commission', which is responsible to the overarching Central Board for Defense, which is further responsible to the
The term Crown-in-Court is a legal term that represents the Crown and its legal embodiment, the Monarch, acting as the court of last resort. For a case to be heard by the Monarch, it must be nominated to be heard:
- By the Monarch personally through imperial decree.
- By the Lord Commissioner for Imperial Justice.
- Unanimously by the justices of the Council of the Chief Justiciar.
- By a Lord Primate.
- By a petition of 25 landed nobles.
- By a simple majority of the Chamber of Deputies.
Council of the Chief Justiciar
The Council of the Chief Justiciar is the de facto supreme court in Eroea and acts as the court of last resort in practice. It can overrule, overturn and modify any decision taken by a lower court and can only be overruled by the Monarch, who is the fount of justice.
Crown Court of Appeal
The High Court is the largest single court in the Eroean court system by cases heard. It acts as the court of first instance for all serious crimes (crimes that can incur a minimum sentence of 5 years+), an appellate court for civil matters and as the court of first instance for special criminal matters (as outlined in the Special Criminal Matters Code). Thus, the High Court is split into three divisions; the Crown Court, Central Criminal Court and Special Criminal Court.
Central Criminal Court
The Central Criminal Court deals with all serious offences which incur a minimum prison term of 5 years and up as defined by statute. All cases before the Central Criminal Court are before a jury of ten.
Special Criminal Court
The Special Criminal Court was established under the Courts and Other Tribunals (Special Criminal Matters) Act 4075 that tries those accused of a crime defined in the Special Criminal Matters Code, which is modified by statute. Crimes such as terrorism, certain forms of corruption, membership of paramilitary organisations and organised crime are all tried by this court. The Special Criminal Court can be presided over by 2-6 judges, depending on the case, and has no jury. This is in order to eliminate external pressure on citizens.
Court of Justice
The Court of Justice is the court of first instance for criminal matters that do not require the attention of the High Court, while also acting as an appellate court for civil matters from the County Court. It also hears civil cases that require a jury. There is a Court of Justice in each province with judges appropriated to each Court depending on population.
Court of Familial Matters
Eroea has various administrative divisions. The foundations of Eroea's administrative divisions were concocted by Harald Georgeson, the Lord Treasurer during the early part of Cedric the Great's reign. They were outlined in his now famous legal document called Harald's Dictum. The dictum was approved by the Emperor on the 27 May 1872 but was not actually enforced until the 15 November of the same year. The dictum was drafted by the Crown Commission for the Review of Internal Governance Structures and was instigated under Benedict I in 1868. The initial chairman of the commission was Benedict's son and heir, Prince Benedict, who led it up until he died in 1870 after the accident that also killed his father. Georgeson, who was the principal secretary to Prince Benedict, urged his successor, Cedric, to continue with the Crown Commission as it would, in his words, "revolutionize the very fabric of Eroean society; allowing for more efficient exercises in bureaucracy and organization". Cedric agreed and appointed Georgeson to the position, also in tandem appointing him as Lord Treasurer as Cedric wished for the establishment of administrative divisions to more efficiently allow for taxation.
After the publishing of the Dictum, it established the following subdivisions:
An imperial possession is any territory, land or state that is subject to the supremacy of the Crown of Eroea and swears fealty to it. There are a number of divisions of imperial possessions.
An imperial realm is any nation or state, that is independent, over which the Sovereign holds absolute and inalienable power. Currently, only Eroea is defined as an imperial realm. Technically, any imperial possession could be created an imperial realm, thus making them effectively sovereign of Eroea or any other institution, except for the Monarchy. If such a hypothetical imperial realm were to exist, the Imperial Realm of Eroea and the example would be in personal union with each other. Unlike the other imperial possessions, however, no institution or body within Eroea could legislate for it.
It was contemplated to raise Argnoria to the prestige of an imperial realm but this was never realized. Calls for Seazar to be made an imperial realm were also contemplated during the drafting of the Great Reform Act but were abandoned. It was contemplated that Amadeus II would be titled His Imperial Majesty Amadeus II, Emperor of Eroea and King of Seazar. This was dropped as it was deemed to controversial towards Eukatosia.
A crown territory is a large nation-state subjected to the hegemony and suzerainty of the Crown and is self-governing in all domestic matters and in limited external matters. All crown territories are governed by some piece of legislation passed by the Eroean Parliament and have delegated powers over most domestic matters such as policing, health and education. Foreign policy is exclusively handled by the Imperial Government, while security is a joint effort. Prior to the Territories of the Crown Act 4189, only Eukatosia and Seazar held crown territory status. Four new territories were added in 4189, while another ten are in application for the status.
- Imperial possessions
- The first layer of administrative divisions in Eroea are the imperial possessions. Under law, the Imperial Realm is technically an imperial possession as it is under the sole authority of the Crown, however, it is usually omitted.
- Provinces e.g. Yuntvar
- Imperial city
- e.g. Argost
- Free town
- A free town is any town that is semi self-governed.
- Civil district (Parish)
- Most civil districts take historical names. If a town/settlement is located in the civil district, then the civil district usually takes the name of this town or settlement.
- Canton (Townland)
|Forbestown East||Forbestown South||Forbestown Central|