Flag of White Eztoenya
|Adopted||14 November 1974|
|Design||A horizontal tricolor of blue, purple, and orange, with a red Finnic Pagan moose in the top right corner and a crown in the bottom center|
|Variant flag of|
|Use||Civil Flag and Ensign|
|Design||A horizontal tricolor of blue, purple, and orange|
The flag of White Eztoenya was adopted a week after the Reestablishment of the Eztoenyan Monarchy in 1974 following occupation by the Soviet Union for nearly 15 months. Shortly after the recovery of his throne, king Mykel III scrapped the official status of the "cluttered" flag used by exiled Eztoenyan nobles in Finland, and subsequently spent seven days working with several vexillologers to design a simple flag that would incorporate both current and past Eztoenyan symbolism. The project concluded on November 21, 1974 and the current flag was established as the Eztoenyan state flag.
The first flag of White Eztoenya was used as a symbol of Eztoenyan unity during the Northern Crusades. It was designed in 1205 by Riezmus Byrsen, a lead figure in the Finnic resistance to the crusades in the Baltics. The flag is a 4:3 banner composed of a red Finnic moose in the center of an orange field. The orange is meant to represent the great Eztoenyan Monarchy, in high praise at the time due to its role in Eztoenyan unification. The Finnic moose is said to represent the various peoples of the kingdom (mainly Eztoenyans, Estonians, and Livonians) and their unity under Finnic Paganism.
In 1455, an anonymous Orthodox priest designed the flag of White Eztoenya with a cross to reflect on the fact that Christiaity had, by the 15th Century, become the dominant religion in the kingdom. His redesign went mostly unnoticed for three years until Eztoenyans began using it in place of the original banner. In 1458, King Kayrlen I (for the royal family had by this time had completely adopted Lutheranism) had this flag replace its 13th Century counterpart in every location administered directly by the monarchy.
Following the increasingly availability of purple dye in the 19th century, the reigning Eztoenyan monarch, Queen Dyrbina, had the white fields in the flag officially replaced with purple, partially for the purpose of appearing unique in the international sphere, and partially to represent the esteemed monarchy, for purple was very much associated with royalty at the time. The revised flag, however, did not become publicly available until the 1850s, the decade during which purple dye became the most available to the ordinary man.
As a response to the growing influence of the Bolsheviks in Russia, in 1920, King Kayrlen II of White Eztoenya replaced the flag's two purple-colored fields in the upper corners with blue fields. The blue symbolized both the "unquestionable" Eztoenyan support for the monarchist white army as well as the monarchy's ardent rejection of communism, favoring a capitalistic economy. For the next five decades, the flag was used by the Eztoenyan people as an anti-Soviet symbol and, along with incessant conflict between the Soviet Union and White Eztoenya, helped stir up anti-Sovietism among the entirety of the kingdom. This furor carried on to independent Belarus in the 21st century.