Jump to navigation Jump to search
World News of Sabel
Truth to the People
News by Region: Anakuria · Aurinoea · Cadisia · Eastern Assai · Eastern Reaches · Grand Balisar · Kanosphere · Memu · Riden · Surresia · Tersa · Vespia · Western Assai · Wittland
Ongoing Events: Runish Ethnic Wars · q'Shaqaar Scandal · South Metsian Civil Unrest · Ukrashi Civil War · Darajim unrest
- Iatu-ne-Ekara, Run, Western Assai: a deadly bombing occurring early this morning has killed at least 300 people in the busy central district of the south Runish city of Iatu-ne-Ekara as part of escalating violence in Southern Run as a result of the continuing Runish Wars of ethnic conflict in the Horn of Run. The Akani radical terrorist group The Silver Talon, which takes its name from the Runish coalition that fought against the First Assai Empire in the late 46th century, has claimed responsibility for the attack, with a poorly-produced video of the group's masked leader appearing shortly after and calling for the radical destruction of the Runish People. The attack is one of many that have occurred over recent months as tensions between various ethnic groups in the Horn of Run escalate. Valio e'Tan, the Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of Perses, has issued a worrying statement which "[urges] the international community at broad to take note of the increasingly violent situation in the Horn of Run...and to consider the possibilities of international involvement to restore order and prevent further civilian deaths".
- Uoíkhatür, Sy Federation, Western Assai: strikes have continued to assemble for the third day in a row in the Sy capital of Uoíkhatür to protest the recent passing of the Desert Resettlement Act by the Sy government. The Act legalises the resettlement of native communities of K'tari, Untuk-Aan, T'faar, and Ur peoples from their traditional village communities within the Desert of Sy to so-called 'Resettlement Camps' on the southern border with Ukrash. These camps, which serve, according to the act, the purpose of "reinstitutionalising and integrating these vital native peoples into the increasingly modernising Federation of the 59th century", act as labour camps for the construction of the Korati Mountain Energy and Mining Scheme (Koratashá Ytükuoí'f Tárásqsrpshó Onü, or KYTO), a gargantuan infrastructure project first introduced under the Zelman Presidency in 5979 Ʋ. The Act has been met with widespread international and internal backlash for its violation of the Rights of Peoples as outlined in the Astaban Doctrine produced at the end of the Sabel Great War. It remains unclear as to whether or not the Act will be repealed or brought into action over the next few days.
- Mazhesh, Kora, Western Assai: Further details of the corruption scandal surrounding Korashi President Hjantaar q'Shaqaar and his close officials have been revealed, with financial documents showing over 5 billion Khandi of tax payer's money was stolen and used to fund numerous seedy pleasure operations by q'Shaqaar and several other prominent Korashi politicians. The extent of the scandal has raised corruption concerns elsewhere in the Korat, with subsequent inquisitions commencing in the URC, Aldur, Eos, and ezh'Emrit.
- Byrn, Krai, Western Assai: the federal election begins in the Republic of Krai today at 9:00am. The announcement of the new Krai president and ruling party in the Esctreim will be announced at the end of the day, with three major candidates vying for the presidency - Sctandar Ezkejetsar of the EK, Liljana Dubrikov of the ZAE, and Mijosc Rubeck of the EDK.
- Byrn, Krai, Western Assai: the election in Krai has ended with Mijosc Rubeck elected as new president and the United Left Party having a majority in the Esctreim. As the first act of his new presidency, Rubeck will make a public appearance at the Nichlaskuhr in the Middle City of Byrn tomorrow morning, where he will give his first presidential speech prior to his inauguration later that day.
- Akyáz, Kaishuri, Riden Peninsula: Kraï Songli VI celebrates his 50th year of reign as the emperor. He is the 112th emperor in Kaishurian history and is its fifth-oldest ruler ever. Per tradition, the Feast of the Favored Intercessor has commenced and will last for 33 days during which government officials, clerics ordained by the Four Cults, military servicemen, and public workers are expected to celebrate, and civilians encouraged to observe. Celebrations include prayers and devotions dedicated to the Kraï's longevity and health, self-reflection, family gatherings, and open public fealty. All government services and functions shall continue normally including sessions in the Lïhura. Public broadcasting networks will be televising specially-prepared programs in honor of the Kraï and the Imperial Family, while temples will be opened to the public to receive gifts, blessings, and prayers from the faithful on behalf of the Kraï.
- Katandara, Run, Western Assai: Berushi rebels have captured the major Runish city of Katandara in the country's south-west. The use of heavy artillery and internationally banned weapons, including chemical weapons illegal since the end of the Sabel World War, has seen an as of yet undetermined number of civilian deaths, with estimates ranging into the tens of thousands. Many leaders within the international community have considered this attack to be a grave violation of the Astaban Doctrine and are calling for international intervention in the ongoing Runish Crisis.
- Warczebs, Kholendash, Western Assai: Celebrations begin in the Kholen capital of Warczebs as part of Independence Week, commemorating 35 years since the end of Makrosism in the country. An oftentimes emotional crowd gathers in the streets of the city as celebrations of numerous types occur concurrently to the beginnings of the summertime traditions of the Kholen people, including the baking of traditional small goods such as Szcziczno and Doszkva, as well as a more solemn remembrance of the thousands of people that died under the Makrosist Regime and subsequent Wars of Liberation.
- Vieto, Tersaic Empire, Tersa: Emperor Arberto XI has officially announced the engagement of his son, Marco, Crown Prince Imperial, to Eeda, Princess of Pojria, the sister of the reigning Pojrian Monarch Joseena III. The current Crown Prince Imperial is the oldest to go without a consort in Tersaic history, at 29-years-old as of the present day. Jubilant crowds have gathered in cities across the Empire to celebrate the announcement, as the approval ratings of the Imperial family are at an all time high. The wedding is expected to take place in the summer of next year.
- Teramo, Cartagna, Tersa: Protests against a recently implemented heightening of the fuel tax ended in violence after protestors clashed with police on the grounds outside the National Assembly building. The fighting between riot police and the angry crowd resulted in 64 serious injures, 2 deaths, and nearly 500 arrests. The day of violence marks a week since the beginning of the protests, which began only a day after the rate hike was announced. Members of the Nossa Respublica government called out the protestors for using "extremist tactics," while opposition members denounced the "obscene brutality of the police." The riots are the latest development in a series of clashes between the governing administration of President Ilaro Cumos and the general public since the beginning of the economic downturn faced across the OET in the summer of this year.
- Urkesh, Ukrasht, Western Assai: A magnitude 8.9 earthquake decimated the Ukrashti capital of Urkesh, the country's largest and most populace city. International emergency teams from southern Western Assai and other nations damaged by the earthquake nearby, including Metsia and the Sy Federation, are struggling to find several hundred missing people among the rubble. The disaster was worsened by the already flimsy constructions in place within the overcrowded city center non-resistant to the earthquakes that frequently plague the upper Korati Mountains. At present, 89 deaths have been confirmed with several hundred people having injuries of some kind. Efforts continue to find those missing as Ukrasht recovers from the disaster.