Welcome to Known Universe. Currently timeline is Ninth Era, millions years after men left Earth for good.
It has been aeons since the last war which had scorched the universe, and bring destruction on countless species. So far civilizations had repaired themselves, and through all known space, life flourishes again.
Current situation in known space is more or less similar to pre-World War I on ancient Earth; a heat powder keg, minus some key elements such as ultra-nationalism. Vast polygalactic meta-empires across 5 quadrants rule , while lesser polities and factions carve out their dominions through every possible way, from allying each other, to intrigue and conquest. The great nations of EURAPAC expand their spheres through numerous intergovernmental alliances, notably are the Sphere or the Ecumene, while lesser polities form their own leagues, in face of invasion and pressure from greater forces. Beyond the boundaries of civilized grand powers, lies the unknown: Dark corners of space, worlds and star systems, unknown, "savage" races and their cultures, immerse wealth and fame... Stories of adventures and dangers outside the conform space had thrilled generations for aeons.
In this universe, there will be:
- Soft science
- Implausible technologies. Magic and technology co-exist, fusing through time.
- Mixed unrealistic and realistic cultural, racial and civilization developments.
- Enormous setting. In this project, Time and Space have little to no meaning.
- Millions to hundred of millions of historical developments.
- Before anyone notices, yes, the last introduction lines are more or less inspired by the Orion's Arm project. That's also part of my ambitions: I wish to create a soft-science, fan-based science-fantasy universe in opposite direction of that one.
Following works are currently my main sources of inspiration and knowledge. My great gratitudes go to all those creators for making such detailed, wonderful jobs. Beware that this is ongoing list.
- All Japan/China/Korea pop-culture works (Light Novel, Games, Manga, Anime.... you name it :-) )
- Spore Fiction Universe ---> Credits go for them. Most of organizations and empires in my project are based on them. You mates are the best Animaniax (talk) 01:10, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
- Star Trek's franchises. The author isn't Trekki, but self-proclaimed very close.
- Dawn of Victory
- Halo's franchises.
- Orion's Arm Universe's works
Fanfic cross-over and Shared Universe
- All characters, places, entities or events in this work are entirely fictitious and not to be considered as real or offensive. The author will try his best not to be too much hardcore, but as each person has his or her own views, he won't bear any responsibility due to different POVs.
- The names, characters, events or photos here are credited to their respective authors. This is a shared fanfic universe, in which Real and Fiction become one, therefore Animaniax hold no credit or copyright ownership whatsoever. I'm but a humble fan :-)
- Various details and info here are based mostly or as a whole off from works created by other authors in other works. The author has borrowed a lot from mainly Spore's Universe, Star Trek, Star Wars and various anime/manga realms. All topics are in constant reviews, with everything that were borrowed would be addressed properly. Please excuse if you spot something that not yet address, as the author's time has been reduced a lot lately.
- This is purely a fictional universe. Anything related to political views or any sensitive subjects (races, sexuality,....) are therefore not to be seen as offend to anyone. To cut it short: If you feel offend by mere writings, you shouldn't be here :-)
- The general definitions are go without saying :-) If you don't know what Fanfic is, Google's your best friend. If you don't understand what shared universe means, see Shared universe.
- The theme will be largely anime-based. As I myself is a hardcore (self-proclaimed!) anime otaku, most of those elements are from Japan/Korea/(only some)-Chinese AMVL (Anime-Manga-Video games-Light novels) and contemporary fantasy works. For example: all leaders of great powers in known space, or main heroes in stories (that I hope I might have time to create in near future), are AMVL characters.
The main theme of this project is science fantasy. Basically, magic and technology become one, co-existing, not denying each other. For more information in this term in general, Wikipedia is your buddy. In general, Asian-traced civilizations are masters of supreme technologies, while European-traced civilizations are masters of ancient, powerful magics.
- The author does not intend to make this logical, in most cases. This is a universe that span millions years to the future. A universe that has been exposing to countless technologies and magics from all kinds of realm through time. Henceforth, anything is possible, literary.
- Throughout this project, you might find various illogical figures, such as googolplex, in population or sovereign area. Nine eras of constantly expanding, in similar manners with historical Scramble for Africa events or Western imperialism in Asia timeline, only much less brutal and bias (subjects to debate, though) had formed a cosmos-spanning society so huge and expansive that one could not simply measure with sheer numbers.
- Technologies such as Star Trek's Genesis or its equivalent magic were constantly perfecting and normalizing, to the point that they are being used in normal, daily-life manners and, some, are as working tools. As such, planetary building, galactic-scaled constructing.... are normal definitions, much like skyscraper-building appears to a 12th century Earthling. Intergalactic travel is like go to work or school, or even your neighbors, while inter-galaxies is of cross-provinces travel's manner.
- Almost all definitions, conceptions,...., most negative, taboo or aggressive topics of 20th century society are either obsolete, evolving or completely removed, or at least most of them. Death is no longer an impenetrably wall; excessive employing life-prolong techs-magics, modifying DNA or in many case, due to natural elements, let to an average lifespan spans many centuries (Earth time), combined with mind backup tools.... immortality is as normal as one can get. Drug, overpopulation, hunger.... all are things of the past, even considered as backward ideas. Widely using genetic engineering make it impossible to drug-addicted, while sexual-related diseases are seen as merely childish stories. The only thing that has lingered ever since is religious extremists, although even them evolving over time.