- This is a meta page for the Vandverse universe and therefore, should be treated as out of character.
|Genre||Collaborative alternate history|
|Contributors||See Members section|
|No. of articles||250+|
Vandverse is a collaborative, invite-only worldbuilding project based on the real world with an alternative timeline. The project is dedicated to creating high-quality articles that are enjoyable to read, and to fostering a community of writers.
Rules[edit | edit source]
The Vandverse project is under the direct control of Neesym, who exercises ultimate authority over all matters within the collaborative community. Complying to the rules of Vandverse are necessary to ensure things run smoothly and that everything done is fair and in good faith. Naturally, there must be limitations and regulations on what can or cannot be allowed. By familiarizing yourself with the rules, it'll save the time to prevent any unnecessary personal confrontations, disputes, and headaches. By joining and participating in Vandverse, you are agreeing to abide to the rules and face the disciplinary consequences of any infractions attached to the rules. All prospective members of Vandverse are strongly recommended to talk to Neesym before applying.
Members[edit | edit source]
Map[edit | edit source]
Please do not attempt to edit the map on your own. Due to the volatility of the project and community, this map may or may not accurately reflect the true borders and/or countries recognized in the current Vandeverse canon. Consult a Vandverse member for details.
Major Differences[edit | edit source]
- 1200-1500s - The Oasisamerica region of North America undergoes a period of urbanization and advancement, leading to the creation of several nation states, such as the Pueblo Empire.
- 1500s-1600s - The French take a more vested interest in colonization, leading to a more heavily populated series of colonies in North America, which later become multiple French-speaking nations.
- 1700s - The Constitution Convention fails in the fledgeling United States, leading to the formerly British colonies in the eastern seaboard splitting into several nations.
- 1800s - South Africa (and much of Africa) is colonized differently, including the survival of many Boer Republics.
- 2000s - Nuclear Armageddon occurs, leading to a post-apocalyptic future.
Contests[edit | edit source]
The Vandverse conworld will periodically hold contests to encourage the creation of pages on a certain topic. Members of the conworld are encouraged to participate in these friendly competitions.
- Grand Cult Contest (September 2019) - Create a cult or unique religious movement
Nations[edit | edit source]
Former Nations[edit | edit source]
North America[edit | edit source]
|Nation||Dates||Capital||Population||Region||Part of||Proceeded by||Succeeded by||Type|
|Canada||1534-||Quebec||Canada||Kingdom of France|| Quebec
||Colonial Constitutional Monarchy|
|Arcadia||1604-||Port-Royal||Canada||Kingdom of France||British Canada||Colonial Constitutional Monarchy|
|American Interior||Kingdom of France|| Kingdom of Louisiana
|Colonial Constitutional Monarchy|
|Dominion of New England||1686-1783||Boston||Northeast Atlantic||
Massachusetts Bay Colony
|United States||Semi-autonomous colonial dominion|
|New Frisia||1539-17th Century||Moriah||Northeast Atlantic||Frisia||New Netherland||Semi-theocratic colonial confederation|
|New Netherland||1614-1674||New Amsterdam||Midatlantic||Dutch Republic||Colonial republic|
|Province of Pennsylvania||1681-1783||Philadelphia||Midatlantic||Kingdom of Great Britain||New Sweden||United States||Colonial Constitutional Monarchy|
|Province of Maryland||1632-1783||St. Mary's City (1632–95)
Annapolis (from 1695)
|Midatlantic||Kingdom of Great Britain||United States||Colonial Constitutional Monarchy|
|Province of Virginia||1607-1783||Jamestown (1607–1699)
Williamsburg (from 1699)
|American South||Kingdom of Great Britain||United States||Colonial Constitutional Monarchy|
|New Sweden||1638-18th Century||Christina||Midatlantic||Kingdom of Sweden|| Province of New York
||Colonial Constitutional Monarchy|
|Pueblo Empire||c. 1360 - 17th Century||Łocǫ́lhəo (de facto)
|Oasisamerica||New Spain||Hegemonic military confederation of allied city-states|
|United States||1776-1789||None Official
New York City (Last)
|Kingdom of Great Britain|| Vermont
|Northeast Atlantic||Kingdom of Great Britain||Constitutional republic|